Montag, 21. Oktober 2013

AMD 3, Ian Propper



Für mein AMD Drei I played The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim in Deutsch. Before starting, I adjusted my settings. After checking off "Fenstermodus" (window mode) und "Sehr hoch" (very good, I think?) graphical detail, I began the game. Upon opening the main menu, I was pleased to see the "Spielen" button. I figure, since I know what “play” means I’m off to a decent start. 
My journey began on the outskirts of Markath, a city in the far west of Skyrim.  I was just across the road from a local Geschäft. I walked up to the store keeper, and engaged in conversation. My character asked "kann ich ein Pferd kaufen”, which I believe was a request to buy a horse. The shop keeper replied “Ja”, followed by several other words I did not understand. My next dialogue response was “Hier ist mein Angebot”, after which tausend Goldstücke was subtracted from my inventory. Assuming that I had purchased a horse, I walked into the nearby stable and mounted a steed.   However, as soon as I mounted the horse, the shopkeeper attacked me, screaming something about “Dieb”. I was forced to brutally murder him.  Clearly economics are a bit different in German Skyrim. After mourning over the shop keeper, I continued onward to the town of Markath.  There, to my excitement, I found another shopkeeper. I asked the man „Darf ich fragen, woher dieses ganze Fleisch stammt?“ Which I believe meant: “may I ask, from where does your meat come?” I was stoked that, with my elementary German, I was able to understand that this man was a meat vendor. Though, I am not entirely sure what his response meant, I think he said his meat was sourced from various Orcs in several nearby towns. I purchased Schweinefleisch and continued onward.


For the remainder of my time, I wandered through Markath, occasionally picking fights with the town guard, and eavesdropping on people’s conversations. Whilst fighting the guard, I learned a couple of my spell names. My fire spells were called Feuerblitz und Flammen, und meine ice spells were called Frostbiss und Frostrune. At some point during my wandering, a man stopped me and told me to follow him, “folgen”. I followed him into a haunted Schloss. A lot of dialogue ensued, most of which was lost on me. I think I heard something about Daedra verehrung, but I was more concerned about the talking Schloss than what it was saying.   After experiencing the German poltergeist, I decided it was time to stop playing.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.