Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2013

Kultur 2 Jessie Huang

Mein Freund Holger once told me a story happened during his visit in England. Holger kommt aus Deustchland. Er sagt welche city kommt er. Aber ich forgot... The area er kommt aus produced coal (or steel), I fogot too... (Was ist wrong with my memory!) The city ist in Nord Deutschland anyway... Er verbringt ein Jahr in England during sein senior year of Universität. Er sagt one time he accidentally stepped on other's foot. He was surprised that before er sagt "Enschudigung", der Englander sagt "Oh, I'm sorry." He was etwas confused. He wasn't sure whether der Englander seriously meant sorry or was picking on a fight. Holger ist groß und schlank. Er in half a second's time evaluated his potential enemy prepared for any fight, and only findt him politely smiled and left. Holger sagt sorry and left too.  This experience left him an impression that English are extremely polite. Holger explained to me warum he was confused. Weil if the same situation happened in his hometown, the one whose foot got stepped on sagt " Enschudigung ", it probably meant "I'm sorry that I'm alive and walking (so that you can step on my foot. Now what do you want?)". The conversation may end up in a fight... I think he was exaggerating a bit to make me laugh. Aber, ich finde Kultur shock happens to everyone very interesting. Ist es true that Deutsche don't pretend to be polite if they are upset?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.