I always knew that the German loved their beer, but I had no idea they like it so much. 115 liters of beer per person is a ridiculous amount of beer to drink. Though this is understandable with such a rich beer history. They showed their love for the drink all the way back in 1516 with the Purity Law limiting what can be put into beer. America wont be founded for another 260 years, and Germany is already making laws about beer. That is impressive. It's not a surprise that beer is the national drink and they have so many breweries with that bit of information. What is surprising to me is how common beer drinking is in Germany. Drinking at your work place or drinking on your lunch break seems so odd to me. Also being able to drink in public is a crazy thought because of how strict the police are about open alcohol in public here in the states. The fact that you can buy beer at age 16 in Germany is another wacky thought. I could never imagine myself on my 16th birthday just getting my drivers license and then going to buy a 6-pack at the gas station.
I also never really took the German people as fast food kind of people. In my mind I always saw Americans as the ones who had lots of fast food places. So now when I go visit Germany I know I will have to go get a nice beer and a Döner!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.