For this blog I watched the movie "Downfall." It is a German movie with English subtitles that is about the last few days of Adolf Hitler's life inside the underground bunker in Berlin. It's a very interesting movie because it gives a view of Hitler as a human being who had descended into madness and is dragging the German people down with him. Never have I seen Hitler portrayed as a person, but instead I've always seen him as an evil entity that is beyond humanity.
One thing I enjoyed while watching the movie was listening for German words that we've learned in class. I heard a lot of "danke" for example. I did find it interesting that whenever Hitler was talked to, people would use the formal "Sie," except for his fiance, who used the informal "du." I that it was cool that I caught that. But for most of the movie I just heard a bunch of gibberish.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.