Some interesting facts, i found
More Americans claim German ancestry than any other;
15.2% of the total U.S. population identify themselves as having German ancestry!!
There are strong connections between the German city of Bauhaus and the American cities
in terms of design and architecture much of which can be seen in the city of Chicago.
One of the main reasons why the Germans emigrated from Europe to America was because of the natural beauty in its landscapes and the ability to own land and pass it on to their descendants.
The only two presidents to have a german heritage were Eisenhower and Hoover
These was some of the interesting historical points that I liked while reading the article.
Also although aware of the drinking culture in Germany I found interesting the widespread nature of the traditionally celebrated oktoberfest in America;it is celebrated by about 200 communities
across the U.S. and Canada!
I also understand the reasoning behind these oktoberfest as a means to promote economic growth and tourism since even in Singapore(my hometown), Oktoberfests are celebrated yearly, although I am not very aware of what exaclty happens back home since I was never really allowed in one. Now though I understand its cultural roots and why it is being used not only in America but even in countries like Singapore.
Gut article!
I particularly enjoyed reading the other articles on food in germany as well, and I hope to post about them soon.
Danke!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.