Montag, 30. September 2013

Kultur2- Victor Wang

The first article I read was "Germany's National Pastime" and I was very shocked that it seemed like Germany was the best at complaining. After living in Taiwan for two years, I always thought that Taiwan was the biggest bitcher in the world. It seems like the same things people in German bitch about are also being bitched about in Taiwan. However, I think Taiwan takes it to another extreme. Just this August there was a huge scandal when a bakery chain store received a lot of flack for its products smelling too strong. However, in contrast to Germany, the people in Taiwan would tell you that the biggest, worst complainers in the world are Americans.
I found the articles about being brutally honest and statistics very interesting for completely different reasons. The article about the brutally honest attitude is my favorite. I think that all people should be like the Germans when it comes to expressing your preferences. No more need to beat around the bush. The best part is that if you say that you are not disposed to participate in an activity, no feelings are hurt, though explanations are demanded. Another part of their being honest is that they express both good and bad things that they observe. We need more objective people in the world. I liked the statistic article because I can totally see Germans are bureaucratic bean counters. While in the US most people know a thing or two about their state and state symbols, Germans are completely obsessed with the hard numbers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.