In my impression, Germans are a group hard-working and serious people, hardly can I imagine them having the time and being open enough to complain about trivial things to others. I guess it has something to do with the stereotype that someone who complains a lot is usually the one who is too lazy to do anything about it.
In the case of German people, it is obvious that this stereotype does not apply. Germans are famous for their attention to details and their persistence to improve upon successful designs. I guess the motivation for such continued efforts comes from their ability to constantly "seek" the imperfection in their lives, and more importantly, correct them.
Other things that I learnt in this week are that Germans have the habit of paying "extra" attention to other people around them and they are very straightforward in communications. To me, from a east Asian culture, those things sound almost childish. That is to say, you will only do that when you were a child and you do not worry too much about the consequences. I am glad to know that in Germany people do live in such simple mentalities. But I think this culture difference between Germany and US or China will probably exist for a long time.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.