Sonntag, 3. November 2013

Kultur 4 Clark Sanford

Reading the article about the pedestrian crossing made me realize how much I would stick out in Germany if I didn't do any research before visiting. I always jay walk, and if there are no cars in the road, I will go ahead and cross. I never knew that it was so frowned upon in Germany to do that. I'm glad I now know because that is something simple that I wouldn't think twice about doing. Then if I did end up crossing when I'm not supposed to, I would be confused as to why I was getting dirty looks from the locals. That article just saved me a lot trouble and confusion with that little bit of info. 

The German logic will be a challenge for me. I've never had to worry about someone selling me a ticket that I couldn't use or have to really think about the question asked and the response given. The language barrier will just make this worse. I imagine the first time visiting Germany will be quite the adventure because I wont understand the logic. This will take some getting used to. 

German views on nudity seemed pretty easy to understand though, so maybe I'll just go join some naked people and hangout with them. That way I wont have to worry about looking like a total tourist and making a fool of myself. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.