Montag, 18. November 2013

Kultur5

I don't think my feelings would be too hurt by the full contact sport that is walking in Deutschland. I have spent enough time walking around New York (where you are equally unlikely to hear an apology for being bumped into) that I think I could manage. I don't know if Deutschland is any different, but bumping into the wrong person in New York could land you in a scuffle or worse.

It is interesting that Deutschland's sex shops do not carry the same stigma as Amerika's, I noticed the same attitude in other European countries. Perhaps it's healthy to openly accept sexuality as such, so that sex doesn't carry the "dirty" stigma that lands sex shops in the "bad-side of town." 

I don't think I will ever come to terms with the concept of paying to use the bathroom. This practice was probably my least favorite part of traveling in Europe. While the fees contribute to keeping bathrooms clean, I would rather just take the chance of the bathroom being gross because the staff cleans it less often or even just have to pay a little bit higher prices to cover the expense; it seems like a huge hassle to have to carry change everywhere just in case nature calls. 

It's a shame to hear Deutscherin are immune to pick-up lines, but at least this approach to courtship guarantees some level of substance, should you hit it off. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.